Sunday 28 September 2014

Freedom

This is my Scotland
This is my country
Fearless warriors, bold foxes, strong hearts.
This is my Scotland.
When the flag flies high over Holyrood
People see and know
That the pow'r we have is granted
That the strength we have is inherited.
This is my Scotland.
Where the heather grows dry and purple
Where the wind rushes past like hurricanes
Where the joy of the people is undying
And they dance
Whirling in this devilish hootananny.
This is my Scotland.
And I don't mind the Queen
And I don't mind the pound
And I don't mind when the tea is brewed
And I call it British
Good and British
But this is my Scotland
My homeland
And I am as proud of it as my father is as proud of me
I love my Scotland.
I am in my Scotland.
This is our Scotland.
Let her colours fly free.

No comments:

Post a Comment