Tuesday 22 May 2018

For you

For you
If I could
I would pluck the stars from heaven
And combine them in an exquisite bouquet
For you
If I could
I would fly to the farthest corner of the sky
And take the silver linings of clouds to weave them into a blanket
For you
If I could
I would swim to the darkest depths of the ocean and find the source of the Bermuda horrors
And bring it back as a wonder
For you
If I could
I would climb the highest mountain and pluck a single snowflake
Then carry it back in my frozen palms, perfect and preserved
For you
If I could
I would pause the concept of time
And let the world rest for a while so that we could stare into each other's eyes for eternity.
For you
If I could
I would capture the sparkle in a child's eye
Holding their imagination in a single idea and present it to you
For you
I would pluck out my heart, all bloody and dark and bruise
And hold it out
Dying
Suffocating
But, my dear, it would be
For
You

No comments:

Post a Comment