Wednesday 15 May 2019

Future you

My future darling
I cannot say how much I am looking forward to meeting you.
This week you started moving
I could feel your rhythm as you squirmed and kicked your way inside my belly
You are
Thoroughly already a pain
Causing discomfort, stress and agnst
Yet
I love you already
Only twenty weeks old and already
You show
The delights of life
On this day as I read the harshest laws
That Alabama placed for those who
Have a miscarriage or need an abortion beyond six weeks
I think about how lucky we are
Living in this
The most beautiful land
Though we are but fools
I am determined that this world, this country
Will be the one you deserve to be raised in
You are the apple of my eye my darling
And I delight in thinking of
The day we meet

No comments:

Post a Comment