Wednesday 2 January 2013

Sea

I will go down to the sea, my love,
My love, I will down to the sea.
And I shall ascend a small boat, my love,
And drift my way out to sea.

And lonely I shall be, my love,
My love, oh how lonely I shall be.
As I drfit away in my small boat, my love,
Drifting out across the wide cold sea.

And there will be whales, my love,
My love, there will be whales.
As big, as vast, as wide as the earth, my love,
Swimming between my boat and the sea.

And onwards I shall sail, my love,
My love, onwards I shall sail.
Until it comes to mind to turn back, my love,
I will ride with the fish and the whale.

And the wind shall carry me on, my love,
My love, the wind shall carry me on,
'Til I come to an island of ash and rock, my love,
Where the natives worship the moon and sun.

And I shall meet a dragon there, my love,
My love I shall meet a dragon there.
And he shall burn the world, my love,
And leave no one to spare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment