Friday 5 July 2013

Goodbye.

I hope one day you can forgive me.
I did this for the sake of us. Not "us" in sense of you and I, or her and I, but "us" in the sense of us all, as individuals.
I hope one day, in the future, you can forgive me.
Maybe, in the next few days, I will be broken and blue.
Maybe, in the next few days, I will have only half my teeth.
Maybe, in the next few days, I will lose an eye.
But after these next few days the world will spin again and you will move on.
Without me.
And I can stare through the frosted glass of your living room window, thinking about the woman I have left at home, the one I was forced to marry at the age of sixteen, the foreign heiress who only wants my title and my family, her money.
And I will see you, with another man, happy, and I will think about how perhaps I made it so.
And you will have a daughter, and you will have a son, and you will have a happy family.
A happy home.
You will have love.
You will have found love.
As I believed I did. As I believe I still may have.
And then I left it dead in the snow as you began to steal my heart, piece by piece.
But I never told you so. Instead, I let you go, and you went.
And now I will let her go.
Let you both go.
As I melt into the snow.
Its over now, the dance of the heartbreak is done.
I will see you in the netherworld.
Allehrayne,
Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment