Saturday 15 March 2014

An Inch Away

Because all I have to do is lean forwards.
Then your lips meet my lips
Your breath becomes my breath
We share the same air and we
Share the same mouth
For that moment we are intertwined
Marvellously like two buds blooming at
The same perfect time.
All I have to do is lean forwards
And we will kiss.
As I caress your hair all I can
Think about is your lips
And they burn like tindery flames on my
Imagination's lips.
Burn and mark their presence there
Their life and
Their existence in the bane of my memory
Like scars that will not fade except
They are not scars but rather
Stains of pressed flowers on the pages
Of books, the pollen seeped through
To the next.
Oh I am an inch from kissing your lips
But we both no I cannot because
I am not free to

No comments:

Post a Comment