Tuesday 9 June 2015

Actually ... Yes

There is a single time
A single word
That changes lives
In a second
You took me to a garden
Showed me lilac flowers
We took photos
And we smiled
Under the early summer sun
And there was a path
A route you chose
With the lilac flowers
Hanging like bells on the green bush
I stopped and looked
Distracted by their beauty
Then you turned
And gave me a sheep
A single fluffy sheep
Like Gabriel Oak to Bathsheba
(All proceeds to Thomas Hardy)
I was lost for a moment
After all it was a fluffy sheep
The plushest to-die-for kind
And then you said,
"Actually ..."
Actually there was something else
That you wanted to ask
And then I turned around
And there you were kneeling
Actually kneeling
With the ring sparkling in the sunlight
Oh yes there was a single time
And there was a single word
One word that uttered from my lips
As I hugged that sheep
And my eyes
Widened in shock and adoration
Which was only ever one thing
Only ever going to be
One thing
Indeed
"Are you serious?"
-I mean, it was,
It was "yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment