Wednesday 24 June 2015

Rite of Passage

I'm not the woman you used to know
I don't take shit from the status quo
I bend time and space in my hand
I'm changing with the world as I stand
Maybe you knew me when I was young
When demons hid and angels sung
But now I've seen things harsh and true
I'm no longer one you can see right through
You see now I've been through some life
And I've been through my stretches of strife
I've seen dead men walking to and fro
Not worrying about where they're to go
They're dark souls and they've dark minds
Yet I know how to read all the signs
I see they're thoughts in their faces
They might be from all different places
But I've learnt to know as I grow
Leaving footprints, leaving seeds to sow
To me they're still of the same ilk, same crop
And I know them all, down to every drop
Of their blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment