Friday 18 March 2016

18/03 Fleeting Life

This train will take me far away
Far beyond the realms of my city
We power past trees that are just a blur
The ridges and leaves and dogs
The white-walled houses and the walkers
They are nothing but blinks in time
Single moments of a visual of life
That will never happen again
That we will never see again
People that I will never see again
We go on and on through life
Striding down streets on the way
To  work, recreation, hope and future
Each person's face a new vision
That barely makes an impact on the retina
It is as current and rememberable
As a fly that you saw last Thursday
Instead they are just new strangers
Of your very own city that impacts you
Only when you want it to
Every person I have probably seen before
Because this is my city and I've been here
Again and again, going to and fro
But the epitome of it all is
They are just still strangers
Still fleeting glances in the window of time
And they will not stay in mind

No comments:

Post a Comment