Thursday 27 April 2017

Father

You have enabled me to climb mountains I'd never thought I would summit
You have given me hope joy and peace in the times when all has seem bleak
You have been there through the shouting, the violence and anger
You have given me the inspiration to keep writing, even in my hopeless hours
Your books lie upon my shelf, read at regular intervals
Your plays I have performed using my own methods, renewed their passion
Your brilliance and your intelligence have sparked the first flames within me
You were there when I took my first breath and I hope still around when I take my last
You are the cement in the foundations of my home and borders
You provided me with such strength when I was young, which I still carry
You are what drove me initially onwards, into a bright future
You walked me down the aisle, me on the crook of your elbow
You will still be a part of me, even though I am married now
For how could I ever forget you

No comments:

Post a Comment